“As members of this congregation, will you faithfully participate in its ministries by your prayers, your presence, your gifts, and your service?”United Methodist Membership Vows and Profession of Faith
Stewardship is a key piece to Christian life. For United Methodists, Stewardship involves four basic elements which are outlined for us in our membership vows.
When we join the United Methodist Church, we vow to support the church through our prayers, our presence, our gifts, and our service.
It is important for United Methodists to give not only of their financial means, but also to offer our time and talents, attend church regularly and participate in church activities, and to pray for our church family and church leaders.
“Do not worry about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.”
– Philippians 4:6
Prayer is a powerful tool. It has the power to release your fears, help you move forward, and show you when to hold fast. The primary purpose of prayer is to engage in a one-to-one, growing relationship with God where you share your life with God, and God in turn shares life with you. Just like other relationships in your life, your prayer relationship with God will grow and change over time.
If you would like us to pray for you, please fill out the Prayer Request tear-off section in a Sunday Worship Bulletin and drop it into the collection plate. Our prayer volunteers and staff will praying for your request and confidential prayer requests will be given to the Pastor only.
“Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you.”
– James 4:8
Worship is the central act of the church in which the gathered congregation celebrates God’s presence, proclaims the good news of God’s love in Christ, experiences God’s grace in the sacraments of Baptism and Holy Communion, and is empowered to participate in God’s transformation of the world.
For information on worship services at Buford First, visit our Worship Services page.
“Each of you must give as you have made up your mind, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.”
– 2 Coronthians 9:7
Your giving is an action that makes a difference in your own life as well as in the world. It is a response to God’s blessings and is a means for you to participate in the work of making disciples. Your gifts inspire, assist, encourage, comfort, and change lives. Thank you for your generosity!
There are several ways to give:
- Electronic Giving … Open your heart without opening your checkbook! – Electronic giving is a convenient way to provide consistent financial support to Buford First UMC directly from your bank account. Our online system can be used for one-time or recurring contributions and is completely encrypted and secure. For more information see the section below called Give Online.
- Sunday Offering – You can place your gift in the Sunday offering.
- Mail – Gifts may be mailed to Buford First UMC, 285 E. Main St., PO Box 329, Buford, GA 30515-0329.
For those interested in learning how to become better stewards of your financial resources, Buford First has hosted Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University several times with church members and other people of the Buford community attending. For more information, including details on upcoming classes, contact the church office and learn how you can stop worrying about money and start your journey to financial peace. This life-changing program will teach you to achieve your financial goals by eliminating debt, saving for the future and giving like never before!
Getting started is as easy as 1-2-3!
- GO TO OUR SECURE PAGE. To begin, go to our secure Online Donation page.
- LOG INTO YOUR ACCOUNT. If you’ve already created an account, log in with your email address and password. If you don’t have an account, click the Create Account button and set one up.
- MAKE YOUR DONATION. Once you’re logged in, schedule a transaction by clicking the Add Transaction button. From here, you enter the amount and the fund(s) you’re contributing to, and also schedule the donation frequency as a one time donation or make it a recurring donation on either a weekly or monthly basis. Complete the payment information and billing information and you’re done.
Once you’ve created an account, you can also view your contribution history to see where you’re currently at with your giving. Thank you for your gifts to Buford First UMC!
“For the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life a ransom for many.”
– Mark 10:45
Buford First UMC is known throughout the community as a place of compassionate mission outreach. To find out more information about some of the mission and community outreach programs at Buford First United Methodist Church and how you can utilize your talents in these areas, visit our Missions & Outreach page.
Also, there are always volunteer opportunities available within the Children’s, Youth, and Adult ministries at Buford First, so don’t be afraid to get out of your comfort zone and make a difference in the lives of others at Buford First through your service.